Luna Node Dynamic includes server uptime monitoring. From the panel, you can create various types of checks including HTTP OK, SSL expiration, and ICMP ping. Then, create contacts through e-mail, web hook, SMS, or phone call (note that SMS/voice notifications are charged at the Twilio rate, rounded up to the nearest cent). And finally associate your checks with a subset of contacts.
Select Monitoring in the sidebar to manage your server monitoring.
The following checks are supported. The instructions should be self-explanatory, open a ticket if you encounter issues.
- HTTP page contains substring (http_contains): GET the target URL, and ensure that the page contents includes a given string.
- HTTP status OK (http_ok): GET the target URL and confirm status code is 200 OK.
- HTTP status code check (http_status): GET the target URL and confirm status code matches the given expected value.
- SSL expiration check (ssl_expire): connect via SSL and ensure certificate isn't going to expire soon.
- Ping (ping): do three ICMP pings to target and confirm that we get at least one ping back.
- TCP connection test (tcp_connect): connect to given host and port with timeout.
You can add contacts with e-mail, web hook, SMS, or phone call.
For web hook contacts, enter the target URL, and the system will perform a POST request on the URL with the check details in the POST fields.
Alerts is simply an association between a check and a contact. These are created by selecting a check after you create some from the Checks list, and then selecting a contact from dropdown and hitting Associate button.
The web hook alert will perform a POST request on the configured URL with these parameters (which will be form encoded):
- check_id: the ID of the check whose status changed
- name: check name
- type: check type
- data: check parameters
- status: either "online" or "offline", depending on whether the check came up or went down
- message: a description of the reason for the status change
Servers are monitored from these IP addresses:
- 126.96.36.199 / 2602:ffb6:2:0:f816:3eff:fe17:8ff7 (Toronto)
- 188.8.131.52 / 2604:180:1::53b2:98d7 (Seattle)
- 184.108.40.206 / 2604:180:2::3860:73c0 (New York)
- 220.127.116.11 / 2001:19f0:6c00:8162:5054:ff:fe4f:c32a (Germany)
- 18.104.22.168 / 2001:41d0:a:6e42::3 (France)